Thursday, April 16, 2009

I wouldn't be Canadian if

I wouldn't be Canadian if I didn't complain about the weather.

I've had a freaking head/sinus/allergy attack for what feels like three months. Last weekend I was hoping to set out the hammock, wrap myself up in a blanket, and let the child-units go free range while I bake in the sun and burn off the infection and soak up some vitamin D.

But NooooOOOooooo. Freaking wind was drawing a cooler wind off the water and I had visions of pulling out the itchy red woolen underwear again.

It was only by 4:30 Monday afternoon that it had warmed up enough for me to pull out a plastic lawn chair and sit, facing the mud-trodden space of yard that I dream will some day be a romantic garden space lush with flowers and vegetables to watch as the child-units trudged and trampled and packed the earth down just a bit firmer. I love my garden elves. Pack away dear ones, the garden is there for you to enjoy too.

Sigh. Child hood. There are several days where I wish I could go back and do some things over again.

7 comments:

Grandma "C" said...

Ah I remember my younger days, the wonderful mud, and puddles. Those were the fun days. Glad your days are getting sunnier, warmer, and Springier.

Jen on the Edge said...

About the photo to the right: I love the muddy knees on her tights.

alison said...

I love the photo too. Rae rocks that look on a regular basis. It's not a good day until her pants are dirty.

Good luck kicking the cold/allergies. This time of year is bad. I noticed the maples are blooming on our street which means sneezing for me.

raino said...

that's an awesome picture!

Nat said...

I am starting to wonder if this isn't a cold but rather allergies too...

I could use some sunny warm days now... I could.

Anonymous said...

OK. Here's what I've been advising everyone with sinus issues - do the saline rinses. They're available at drug stores near you and they're the best thing since sliced bread. Do them when you first get a cold. Do them during a cold. Do them when the sinus thing just won't go away. Seriously. It's safe and OH SO effective.

delmer said...

I had a chance to be catch some sun last weekend -- of course, I was pushing a mower.

Cute photo.