Monday, May 05, 2008

Dora


Ok - so we made it through the Super Dora party that CU-3 ordered.

I pushed the easy button (or so I thought at the time) and had the party organized through one of those give-me-your-credit-card-number-and-I'll-
give-you-a-supervised-and-coordinated-
party-for-a-zillion-dollars.

Well, CU-3 and nine of her closest daycare buddies met at the community centre that was hosting the event for us. THAT was a good idea, because half of the invitees were boys. And boy where they BOYS! (Picture trying to bath cats. Six of them.) There was swimming, with a supervisor and almost every kid with their parent in the water. (Only the father of the "Group of seven" and I left The Huz to guard over the masses (remember - there was a coordinator there too, and seven other adults in the water, PLUS three life guards!).)

The swimming just wasn't enough to poop out anyone, especially CU-3's love interest since they were both 1 year old. (This is a romance that's been going on for three years now.)

The hand-off to the next activity coordinator happened after the kids were dried off. The poor girl had the right idea, but the wrong kids. We'd all have been better off taking them outside to the playground for an hour. Her games were about as successful as trying to catch wild rabbits.

Thankfully we made it to the cake part of things and the kids accepted my version of Super Dora.

Thank goodness for four year olds. They certainly don't care about aesthetics.

Oh, and seeing that her real birthday isn't for another week, I get to make cupcakes to mark that date too!

3 comments:

Josie said...

Not too sure which is worse - cooking for 16 ppl or wrangling a bunch of 4 year olds?
Glad the day went well and I see nothing wrong with your Super Dora cake.

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I really really really hate making birthday cakes and cupcakes. I don't know, but I do. So, if my husband doesn't do it -- and he usually does -- then I either talk the children into something else (You really want rice krispy treats, right?) or hand over money to a local bakery.

richgold said...

Considering that we do (individual) pizzas every second Friday for an average of 16 people, I found the four year olds a lot harder.

BTW - if you're ever up this way on a Pizza night, come on in and add your name to the list!