Sunday, March 05, 2006

Spring back, Fall forward


We're getting a teaser day weather wise in my community. It's bright and sunny as I sit and glance out the window. The sky is blue, a real ozone friendly skyish kind of blue. No clouds anywhere. The sun is shining as hard as it can.

Then there's the wind. A wee bit breezy. Fresh. Brisk. Bracing. One of those days where you think It's a good day to fly a kite if I could just keep warm enough.

Thus the reason why I am inside and not outside playing in the sun. I did half-heartedly spend 15 or 20 minutes outside poking at the small hill of snow in the yard.

I know that I lecture the children about the importance of learning patience, and that different life activities are just exercises and opportunities to practice patience. When it comes to Spring, I become 5 years old again. It's like waiting for Christmas eve, after mass, when Santa would have made his first pass through the neighborhood to let the good girls and boys have their stuff first.

I want the smell of spring. I want to see natures surprises as each layer becomes unveiled as the sun melts away their winter sarcophaguses. I like squishing around in the mud.

I may get my wish soon too. The long range forcast is for 7 C on Friday.

Alas, I know we're going to get one more big snow fall before the end of the month. That's the reality of living in this environment.

Oh Canada.!

2 comments:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Is that tree giving me the finger? I'm not sure, but I think it's relaying some kind of rude sign.

Anonymous said...

It must have been the same kind of day all over, it was the same here. I'm hoping for spring also, but it doesn't look like we our west will get it as soon as you. You could be right Perpetual about that tree.